Saturday, October 29, 2011

I will NOT be frustrated

Dear God,

I don't thank you enough for this but I am grateful to you for everything you have bestowed on me. I know I have my moments of insanity where I have wished to be born as dog or a cat and live in a nice warm home in my next life-free of all worries and the vicious cycle of education-job-money-house-retirement-parents. But then i think about how beautiful life is and joys simple things bring to me..why would i ever want to be not born as human again?
Maybe because I am frustrated  as I still don't know what my purpose is on this earth? Am i frustrated because I don't have the inner peace? Or am I frustrated by the pressure I get from my family? Is the burden of expectations weighing me down? Am i too scared to take a leap of faith? 5 Years ago I wanted to go conquer the world. Not sure if it was realistic to say that then but at-least I had hopes and optimism. As I grow older I feel time is running by quickly. I often thing about making a bucket list but feel like its such a cliche..Why plan something you want to do? Why cant I just wait and let things pan out?
5 years ago I wanted to travel the world...well I haven't done that yet...I am stuck in the American dream - work 11 months a year and take the 1 month off to go visit family in India - my home land which feels more alienating than year after year. I hear about people taking a sabbatical from work and just backpacking. Sometimes I wonder will I ever have the guts to pull something off like this?
People say success gets to your head. I will stand up and say YES it once got to my head and I fell down really hard. When I look back it wasn't much of a success but a temporary feeling of being different and in a power position. Why did I behave like that? Was it because of the long term desire to prove myself and a little success made me go nuts?
I changed jobs earlier this year something I was praying for several years....now that I have it I am not happy. Why cant Human beings be content? Why do we fall in the trap of greed  and success?

My question then is
How can I be happy and not Frustrated?

--Stewie (Rudy)

1 comment: