Friday, October 28, 2011

To care or not to care

I believe that I am a very self-aware person. For instance, I hurry in the parking lot of stores when I see people are waiting to get in my spot. I don’t sit in the car fixing my hair or dialing my cell phone if people are waiting. Obviously the downside to my high self-awareness is that I care about what people think or say about me. This can be very frustrating when I get judged by people who according to me are not very smart. However, today I saw something that has changed me forever.

Today I heard John Mackey speak and while I didn’t completely agree with his various opinions I recognized that he is a super smart person. Of course the fact that he is the founder of Whole Foods should automatically make you think he deserves everyone’s respect.  Yet I heard my fellow peers criticize him. They were picking on him, from his political stand to his idealism. At that point I realized, people will always critique others. To these people accomplishments and achievements don’t matter. They just want to show how they are better than you, be it in the entirety or in that particular aspect. Irrespective, these people or detractors are quick to use buzz words to show their knowledge.

So for me today is the day that I have crossed the bridge to the land where I don’t care about what people think of me.

From the other side,
Garfield 

No comments:

Post a Comment